Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Hiller Measurements seeks an experienced, self-motivated Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Sr. EE) to provide both direct contribution and technical leadership to develop Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Systems. The Sr. EE is responsible for all aspects of requirements analysis, design, integration, and deployment of complex automated electronic test systems. Must have demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas: ATE system design, RF/microwave system design, analog circuit design, digital circuit design. Must thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused, cross-functional team. Works closely with program manager to direct and oversee the technical work of other electrical, mechanical, and software engineers. Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must quickly and thoroughly learn new skills, technologies, and industry standards. The Sr. EE must be a driven problem-solver who motivates others by word and example to achieve the team’s goals.
- Specify, design, and implement automated electronic test solutions for customer products.
- Specify, design, and implement complex electronic hardware modules and sub-systems.
- Design measurement algorithms.
- Serve as technical leader of cross-functional team.
- Prepare and lead all technical aspects of formal and informal design reviews.
- Identify and resolve technical problems that often occur during development of new systems.
- Define and adhere to program schedules and budgets.
- Integrate hardware and software to fully support ATE systems.
- Ensure all customer technical requirements are fully met.
- BSEE or MSEE
- 10+ years’ experience performing responsibilities described above
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to ITAR and specific contract flowdow
- Strong understanding of RF systems, measurement, and design:
- S-parameter measurements, power accuracy, and digital modulation standards
- Knowledgeable about gain, compression, and intermodulation measurements
- Appropriate selection of RF and microwave instrumentation
- Experience with using RF/Microwave Test Instrumentation: VNA, Power Meter, Spectrum Analyzer
- RF Switching
- Strong understanding of mixed signal test and measurement:
- Experience with test instruments such as Oscilloscope, DMM, Function Generator, Programmable Power Supplies
- Experience with signal switching such as multiplexers and matrices
- Experience with industry standard products such as PXIe, LXI, VXI, GPIB.
- Experience with communication buses: Ethernet, 1553, ARINC429, SPI, I2C
- Strong understanding of digital test and measurement:
- FPGA and embedded design
- JTAG/boundary scan
- Experience with test instruments such as logic analyzer, pattern generator, and oscilloscope.
Ability to diagnose and correct ATE system defects.
Experience with software development using LabVIEW, TestStand, C/C++, Python.
Design and layout of printed circuit boards