Must have experience and recent skills in PCB hand soldering both lead and lead-free assemblies to IPC class 3 standards (most of our products are built to IPC class 2).
Job Summary: Assembles, reworks and/or repairs PCBs and other electronic assemblies to drawings, assembly instructions, job travelers, facility procedures, parts lists, schematics and engineering guidance.
PCB Assemblers must possess a dynamic skill-set, attention to detail, and utilize a large range of tools/soldering equipment such as soldering irons, preheaters, machine tools, crimpers, and hot air stations.
- PCB assembly, rework and repair per IPC J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, IPC 7711/7721 class 3 standards.
- Electronic assembly per IPC/WHMA-A-620 class 3 standards.
- Studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, schematics, diagrams, drawings, parts lists and/or taking verbal instruction for building, converting, and modifying all types of electronic and mechanical assemblies.
- Gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials. Must have a broad knowledge of various electronic components and connection types available.
- Laying out, building, assembling, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, reworking and the modification of developmental and production components, parts, equipment, and systems such as wiring, cables, harnesses, PCBs, CCAs, RFIUs, rack enclosures, chassis, panels, electro-mechanical assemblies and other hardware.
- Assembling components and examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Documenting actions and providing Engineering feedback on incorrect documentation.
- Test electronic components for electronic continuity.
- Provide required production and quality records.
- Provide engineering feedback on documentation issues.
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in IPC J-STD-001 and IPC/WHMA-A-620 (class 2 and 3) workmanship standards
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience hand assembling PCBs
- IPC J-STD-001 and IPC/WHMA-A-620 certified IPC specialist preferred
- Extreme attention to detail
- Prototype skills in working from schematics
- Familiar with all cabling techniques
- Capable of working in fast paced environment
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and change focus rapidly
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear/listen.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work with computers and keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Candidates will be regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Job Type / Benefits:
- Full-time (5 days a week, 8 hours per day)
- Medical, eye, dental, insurance and others available