The Operations Manager is responsible for all activities (including budgets, schedules and personnel) related to the production and delivery of all Hiller Measurements projects and products. This position shall manage, plan and monitor progress of production and materials against schedules; resolves and takes appropriate actions to meet projected schedule time lines; ensures contract requirements and quality standards are maintained throughout production and purchasing; determines outsourcing requirements and manages outsourcing manufacturing activities; ensures purchasing support for the needs of Hiller Measurements’ project and products; manages and plans training of production personnel; responsible for the adherence to, flow and continuous improvement of the production and purchasing processes utilizing methods such as LEAN manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The effective strategic planning of the operational capability and capacity in support of Hiller Measurements continued growth.
- Report to Executive Management team all operational results, strategy, and budget requirements monthly.
- Supervise all operations personnel including production, purchasing/buyers, assemblers, technicians, production manufacturing engineers (PMEs) and operations/production interns.
- Develop, measure, train, and maintain a culture of continuous improvement in the Operations Department.
- Develop effective training programs to ensure properly skilled production personnel are readily available to accommodate Hiller Measurements continue growth.
- Coordinate with Project/Product Managers in the overall successful delivery of program and products.
- Responsible for coordination with project/production managers to ensure project/product schedules and budgets are met and maintained or under run.
- Financially responsible for all activities related to procurement, manufacturing, and support of Hiller Measurements product and programs including, but not limited to, bringing parts and qualified personnel in support of adhering to schedules and budgets using just-in-time and other LEAN methods.
- Establishes lead times for all products and proper product flow.
- Ensures contract requirements and quality standards are flowed down throughout the procurement and production project and product production life cycle.
- Responsible for negotiating cost savings; manages vendor relationships, monitors suppliers and outsourcing activities.
- Responsible for labor calculations estimates and assists in sales quotes as needed.
- Implement, and maintain an effective ERP system
- Less than 10% travel expected for this role.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering or Science degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an Operations Manager or similar position. Preferred candidate will have extensive experience implementing continuous improvement processes with proven results in Low to Medium mix – Low to Medium volume manufacturing environments.
- Due to the nature of our Defense Contracts this position is required to be filled by a US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Ability to manage/supervise personnel and cultivate a positive work environment
- Must have a positive team player mentality for the continued growth of all personnel
- Must be detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to meet required deadlines
- Negotiating skills
- Effective time management and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with agile scrum methodology
- Past experience in implementing ERP systems
- Able to read, understand, communicate with engineering drawings, schematics, documentation, etc.
- Past electrical printed board manufacturing, and cable harness manufacturing experience
- Understanding of, and effective over-site of proper ESD requirements
- Understanding and experience with ISO 9001 and IPC standards.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
Operations Manager is a full-time position, working a minimum of 40 hours per week. However, it may become necessary to implement a second-shift for operations; in which this role will require the effective over-site and staffing for this new shift.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly requiring sitting or standing for extended periods of time; occasionally required to lift or move up to 20lbs, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; reach with hands and arms through full range of motion.