Hiller Measurements is looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer. The primary responsibility of this engineer is the design, development and testing of mechanical and electromechanical products and systems as per customer and product requirements. As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be an integral part of a project team responsible for designing and developing a product from concept to release. In addition to solid mechanical engineering practices, you will be expected to be familiar with a wide variety of mechanical design tools, define and execute comprehensive validation plans to ensure that the design meets key specifications, as well as source parts and labor in the most cost-effective manner. You will also be directly involved in setting specifications and transitioning the product from engineering to production.
- Design mechanical and electromechanically system to project requirements and project budget constraints.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting proof of concept programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, Pneumatics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests from both customers and manufacturing.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Reviews and approves product specifications and customer user documentation for the product.
- B. S. or M.S. in mechanical engineering.
- Passion for learning about and working with test and measurement industry technologies
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident
- Strong understanding of 3D modeling (Pro-E Preferred)
- Strong understanding of critical dimensioning for fixturing
- Understanding of injection molding, 3d printing, sheet metal and CNC
Demonstrate ability to:
- Work effectively in a group development environment
- Effectively diagnose technical issues and propose reasonable solutions
- Problem-solve effectively - diagnose technical issues and propose reasonable solutions
- Listen attentively and grasp fast-paced technical conversation
- Take ownership of goals, project schedules, and milestones
- Quickly learn applicable technology, systems and commercial off the shelf components
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Multitask between concurrent projects